Even wat vragen aan een seksmedewerker in “het Schipperskwartier” te Antwerpen:
In het Engels om niet te raken aan de authenticiteit. Naam en herkomst zijn fictief.
Hier gaan we:
– From where are you and how do you come here and why Antwerpen (see also questions later on)
-> I am from Ukraine. Two years ago I was in Germany doing the same job, there was a girl who worked before in Antwerpen. She gave me the address, so I came here.
– What means sex for you
-> Sex can be something very nice, if you do it with a person who you like.
– Why do you do this work
-> Just for the money.
– Do you find it heavy work (much time spent, nightshifts & risk)
-> I find it very hard work. This work changed my life.
– What do you do with your merit
-> I help my family at home.
– Do you enjoy also what you do or do you feel it as “a must” to survive and/or to support your family
-> I do this just because I don’t have another option. I do it to help my family.
– Do you enjoy your life or is it day in and day out standing/being here in your window and for the rest sleeping and doing minimal “things”
-> My life in Belgium is just working all night and sleeping all day.
– Do you have some nice anecdotes
– Are there also less nice experiences and would you tell about it
– Have you always been in Antwerp or do you come from elsewhere and what are the possible differences
-> see above and there are not much differences = sex is everywhere the same.
– Which nickname do you use = > is this is a conscious choice and what does this name mean for you
-> My nickname is Angela. Is nothing special, it’s a nice name.
– Are you considering a physical sex change
– Are there any rules in Villa Tinto and what is the procedure to rent a room, also what is the cost for a full night
-> I am not allowed to give information about it.
– Is there a dress code
-> No, each man/woman chooses his/her dress.
– Is there any security
-> Police come every time a problem occurs and they drive around very frequently.
– Do you feel safe
-> More or less. It is a dangerous job as you never know who you get in the room.
– How long will you stay in Antwerp and what is eventually your next destination
-> I do not know how long. I’ll stay and hope that the next destination is my home country. I do not intend to do this job for a long time more.
– Are you officially/legal here or on a temporary staying permit
– Is there much police control and if so are they polite and eventually helping you if you have questions
-> Yes, they are very polite and if we need help they give always.
– Do you work for yourself => if so you still have your passport/id card
-> I work for myself and of course I have my passport.
– Do you change regularly your outfit / look
– Can you give an idea of ??your earnings if you like to say it (just an idea)
– Do you have a fixed price or are you asking depending the person (you do not have to mention here how much you really ask)
-> I have a fixed price. There are no differences between people.
– Are you doing anything else than sex work
– Did you follow regularly school in your home country and do you have a certificate i.e. can you do eventually other work
– Will you do this for several years or shorter/longer
-> I want to stop in one year.
– Is there a possibility that you will be doing a “normal ” work
-> Of course, I would like to stop with this job and after to start my own business.
– Are you single or do you have a (girl)friend
-> I am single.
– When single would you like to be with somebody
-> No, I like to be independent.
– If you had a child or children later would you tell it what you do or did if your child asks
-> Never. This is a shame for me.
– Who do you like: male / female / trans / gay / lesbian / …
– Why do you think/feel you have success, why are men come to you for sex or maybe only for a talk
-> Sometimes for sex, sometimes just to talk and to relax.
– Do you like it to be in Antwerpen
-> Yes, but I don’t like the weather.
– Do you live in the city -> in a studio or apartment – alone or together to save costs
-> I live in the city, in an apartment together with one girl to save costs.
– Do you go from time to time to the library / museum / movie / disco / pub /…
-> Never, just work and sleep.
– How old are you (if I am allowed to know) and when did you start doing this and what was at that time your motivation => has your view changed now
-> I am 23 years old. I started doing this job when I was 18 years and 3 months. I can say that my life has changed a lot. Economic situation is better than before but I am not the same person anymore. Everything changed for me. Even the way I see the world now is different.
– Are your parents and other relationships at your home knowing what you do
-> Nobody, just one of my brothers.
– How would you react when they would find out
-> I don’t know.
– Do you have hobbies
– Are you optimistic in life or not so much
-> Not so much.
– What is your overall impression of our society
-> Society is MAD.
– How is your home situation
-> My family’s financial situation is very difficult. I am the only one who can help them. My older brothers do not find work. I came from a family with seven children. My father was the only one working. I have a very difficult situation but I hope I do enough effort I can change the situation.
– Which languages ??do you speak – can you write them also
-> English, German, Spanish, Italian, Oekraïn – I can write them too.
– Where have you been already – what is / was your favorite city/place
-> I was in England, Germany, Holland, Switzerland, Spain, Italy and Belgium. Most I liked Spain.
– What is most asked to “do “
-> Normal sex.
– Are visitors giving you sometimes a present
– Do you have regular customers who frequently come back to you
– Are there also ladies visiting you
-> Never alone. Sometimes couples come.
– Do you escort
– Do you know the Pink House/Cavaria or other organizations where you can have support (moral, medical, psychological, etc)
– Do you have always sex in a safe way or do you take sometimes a risk if one offers you a lot of money (but I mean a lot)
-> Nothing is more important than my health, I would not do any risks for any amount.
– Do you play sports and if so which sports or do you go to fitness
– Do you like sex and how are you looking at sex => is it purely for commercial reasons /detached or does it mean more = did you had ever feelings for someone
-> I never had a feeling for someone. For me sex is for commercial reasons. I like this way because I don’t have a boy- or girlfriend.
– What possible future do you see for yourself
-> I want to stop with this job as soon as possible and begin a new life in my home country.
– Do you spend a lot of time on body care
– Would you find it annoying if people would recognize you on the street
-> I hope that will not happen.
– If there is anything else you would like to explain/tell please say so